In 2006 I was the proud recipient of a driver’s permit. However, at 2012 I am not the proud recipient of a license. How pathetic, some may say, but I guess in my mind it was something I could always get and I kept on putting it off.
From teenage years I have always set goals and never seen most of them through, especially the most important ones. Yes, I am still young but it has always been my hope that by setting goals from an early age I would be able to accomplish many things in life be they personal, physical, spiritual or career goals.
Our personal goals should also tie into our belief and value system so that when we make a decision to do something it is being done with honest drive and passion.
In any job it is important to identify what we are trying to accomplish. Where do you see yourself 5 years down the line as a result of the experience gained?
I turned to the Internet for encouragement and advice in relation to achieving my goals and stumbled on a website called www.dumblittleman.com. Below are a few of the tips that stood out most for me:
- Take a firm decision in your mind that no matter what happens you will stick to your goals.
- Get priorities in order – your goals should be in sync with where you see yourself in the time ahead and also with your priorities.
- Make an action plan - A way to go about achieving the goals
- Involve others by taking advice where necessary
- Welcome failure - Failure is an important part of the entire process. Welcome it. Learn from it.
- Persist. Don't give up. Learn and improve. Be patient. Be persistent.
- Don't lose sight! - don't lose sight of your goals. Stay focused until you reach your destination.
Most people have purely one mind set as it relates to goals, make a lot of money, own a big house and drive a big car. For some businesses it maybe their goal to have a reputable company and that’s where a good PR company, like PRMR Inc, comes in.
Setting goals and working towards achieving them is a sure way to guarantee success and fulfillment in life.