As PR practitioners its not unusual to respond to hundreds of emails daily from our clients around the world. My personal email account is chalked full of emails from persons as far away as Australia, the UK and Africa.
I see many different types of email signatures and I recognise that very little attention is paid to this very important tool. Email signatures allow friends/clients/business partners to know who you are, where you are from and give information on how to contact you via a plethora of different social media sites, traditional and online communications tools.
As a result, they should be created giving careful thought to what you want to communicate and what image you want to project. As a public relations practitioner, you already understand the importance of image, and of maximizing every tool which will facilitate the promotion of your company, and your client's.
This blog was penned to share some great tips for on how to effectively customize your email signatures to sell your business and its services.
First things first, you’ve got to make sure that there are standard pieces of information all employees include when they’re representing the business.
- Employee name, company name, address and phone number.
- Twitter and Facebook links and encourage people to follow you.
- Website and blog address.
Be concise but be careful, don't include any personal details in your business email. This includes
- Personal Twitter, IM or Skype details;
- Your home phone number or address (unless you want to be called by international clients early in the morning);
- The URL of your personal website;
- Random quotes at the bottom;
- Your entire skill set, CV and lifetime achievements in point form.
However, you can be creative with your email signatures and add elements which will translate into sales for your business. These include:
- Your business logo
- A “deal of the week” with a special link so you can track how it’s doing.
- A link to the Company Twitter, Facebook or other social media sites
- A link to “join your email newsletter” and receive special email-only offers.
- A link to a customer testimonial so that your recipients can see how much your customers love you.
- A link to a webinar or an event you want to attend.
I stumbled across a social media tool called WiseStamp that inserts your information PLUS latest Tweets, eBay items and any other social media outlet you want people to see. This online tool helped to inspire this blog as I have been using the free version for a few days now and I must say I really like it.
The company also offers a premium service to its customers. This service gives you a choice of email templates as well as some other very cool features. I guarantee that you will like it and will soon be recommending the service to your clientele.