I have been pondering on what I wanted my first blog of the year to be about. Should it be about public relations, my other personal interests or should it be about the resolutions that I have made for 2013. It is January 15 and I have finally gotten over my writer’s block thanks to Linked In and Richard Branson. Having just read Branson’s blog on making lists I had an “aha” moment.
For the last 15 months or so I have been trying to implement into my life 10 principles as cited by Og Mandino in The Greatest Salesman in the World. I keep falling off the wagon, but whenever I am able to review my day the night before and plan the day ahead I am more productive and get more out of my day. Branson revealed his secret to success right there in that blog. He is a planner. He writes his ideas and work through his things to do everyday systematically. It is simple yes, but as I have found it takes discipline. Actually DISCIPLINE is my word for 2013. Somehow this word has stuck in my mind and there is the realization that nothing is achieved without a measure of discipline.
My gift to you for 2013 then is Master Og’s 10 Vows of Success. I hope that you would be even more successful than Branson as you plan and make your daily lists. Pick up the book and you would gain even more insight into these vows:
1. Never again will I pity or belittle myself
2. Never again will I greet the dawn without a map
3. Always will I bathe my days in the golden glow of enthusiasm
4. Never again will I be disagreeable to a living soul
5. Always will I seek triumph in every adversity
6. Never again will I perform any task at less than my best
7. Always will I throw my whole self into the task at hand
8. Never again will I wait and hope for opportunity to embrace me
9. Always will I examine each night, my deeds of the fading day
10. Always will I remain contact through prayer with my creator.